[ntp:questions] in pool, my server runs for days, crashes with no log

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Nov 6 22:42:34 UTC 2007

fishtop> On Nov 5, 9:47 pm, Harlan Stenn <st... at ntp.org> wrote:
>> You wanted: configure --with-binsubdir=sbin

fishtop> That put the executables in /usr/sbin/sbin

Then I belive you used a strange value for --prefix.

fishtop> But I've got a bigger problem.  The normal /etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpd
fishtop> script is not working.  if I run the ntpd program from a shell, it
fishtop> runs fine.  (It takes a fairly long time to start and detach from
fishtop> the shell, maybe a full minute or more)

Exactly what command-line flags/options are you using again?