[ntp:questions] help: ntp4 on vxworks
prathapnirmal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:45:34 UTC 2007
I am trying to compile ntp4 on vxworks5.5 and I was going through the
hints document provided with the source. I understood most of the part but I
had few questions at the end. It will be great if you can provide me your
valuable inputs related to the following section.
The document that I am looking at is
* I see configure.in only in arlib directory. So do I have to update
anything in this file?
* Do I have to rerun autoconf and automake to regenerate the configure
The configure.in <http://www.cis.udel.edu/%7Emills/ntp/html/configure.in>file
needed to be altered to allow for a host-target configuration to take place.
- The define SYS_VXWORKS was added to the compilation flags.
- Little endianess is set if the target is of type iX86.
- The size of char, integer, long values are all set. If Wind River
ever changes these values they will need to be updated.
- clock_settime() is defined to be used for setting the clock.
- The Linking flags have -r added to allow for relinking into the
Unfortunately I have had to make use of the ntp_machine.h
<http://www.cis.udel.edu/%7Emills/ntp/html/include/ntp_machine.h>file to add
in the checks that would have been checked at linking stage by autoconf, a
better method should be devised.
- There is now a NO_MAIN_ALLOWED define that simulates command line
args, this allows the use of the normal startup sysntax.
- POSIX timers have been added.
- Structures normally found in netdb.h have been added with, the
corresponding code is in machines.c
possible the defines for these have been kept non-vxWorks specific.
Unfortunately there are still quite a few SYS_VXWORKS type defines in the
source, but I have eliminated as many as possible. You have the choice of
using the usrtime.a library avaliable from the vxworks archives or forgoing
adjtime() and using the clock_[get|set]time().The ntp_machine.h
clearly marks how to do this.
mobile: +91 99465 56643
More information about the questions