[ntp:questions] NTP and NAT

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Nov 8 18:31:00 UTC 2007

>The second thing, is that ntp through NAT would get a variable latency
>point (since NAT speed of most routers vary with router traffic load).

I think you are talking about CPU latency rather than wire latency.
(Wire latency doesn't depend upon NAT.)

My NAT box is a DSL router.  The CPU is pretty slow, but it's idle
most of the time.  I can easily see wiggles in the NTP statistics
when the line is busy with a big download.  I haven't seen anything
I would blame on CPU load.  (Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.)