[ntp:questions] Inexpensive OEM GPS units?

Dennis Hilberg, Jr. timekeeper at dennishilberg.com.invalid
Mon Nov 19 17:22:01 UTC 2007

Rob van der Putten wrote:
> Hi there
>

> John Ioannidis wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity: what is wrong with the Garmin GPS 18LVC that someone
>> would like to look at an alternative? At < $70, it's practically free.
>
> Where can get one in Europe?
> USD 68.50 is ca € 50.-
> Some EU webshops sell it for € 114.-, which is ca USD 156.-
> Or can I order one from the Garmin site?

Garmin sells it from their website for 74.50 USD:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=223&tab=gps18oem

I bought mine from MegaGPS.com for 64.99 USD + 5.95 USD shipping:
http://www.megagps.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=121

MegaGPS.com ships internationally.  I don't know about Garmin.

--
Dennis Hilberg, Jr.      timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com
NTP Server Information:  http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.php