[ntp:questions] Details about code structure

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Nov 22 00:20:08 UTC 2007

>Would such a document really be all that useful?  It seems to me that the
>codebase is pretty small, and it should not be all that hard to figure out.

I use
  grep whatever *.c
or
  grep whatever -r .
If that doesn't work in the directory I'm working in,
then I cd .. and try again.  After doing that a few times
you learn your way around.

Occasionally, I have to look in /usr/include/

Sometimes the SCCS and BitKeeper files contribute a lot of clutter.

A literal "whatever" gets 141 hits in my copy of ntp-dev
and takes 1.23 seconds.  The first try was slower.