[ntp:questions] Can anyone interpret these loopstats?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 19:08:49 UTC 2007

Folks,

I've been monitoring my Windows Vista system using the Meinberg
distribution NTP, and it seems to have a peculiar behaviour of alternate
good and bad timekeeping:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/mrtg/gemini_ntp.html

Can anyone who understands loopstats and peerstats better than I do
explain what's going on.  The files are here:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/gemini-vista-stats.zip

In the event log NTP is showing errors: "Unable to initialise the .rnd
file", but I don't think that's key to the operation of NTP itself.  The
NTP service shows as running, and the W32time service as stopped.

Thanks,
Puzzled from Edinburgh (a.k.a. David)