[ntp:questions] Can anyone interpret these loopstats?

rtxo gnu at localhost.wraith.sf.ca.us
Fri Nov 23 20:04:34 UTC 2007

David J Taylor wrote:
> Folks,

(...)

> In the event log NTP is showing errors: "Unable to initialise the .rnd
> file", but I don't think that's key to the operation of NTP itself.  The
> NTP service shows as running, and the W32time service as stopped.

Hello Devid--

You could find a GNU/linux or freebsd system with openssl installed:

# openssl rand 1024 > x

...then move the file "x" to someplace your "other os" ntp can find it
with the name "dot rnd" (not sure if you can specify another name).

Not sure about the data plot question. They don't look that bad to me,
actually.

//Steve