[ntp:questions] Can anyone interpret these loopstats?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 22:51:40 UTC 2007

rtxo wrote:
[]
> Hello Devid--
>
> You could find a GNU/linux or freebsd system with openssl installed:
>
> # openssl rand 1024 > x
>
> ...then move the file "x" to someplace your "other os" ntp can find it
> with the name "dot rnd" (not sure if you can specify another name).
>
> Not sure about the data plot question. They don't look that bad to me,
> actually.
>
> //Steve

Thanks, Steve.  I stole a .rnd file off one of my other systems and copied
it.  We'll see if it makes any difference.  I've just given the file full
access to everyone, as Windows Vista is very protective about programs
writing in the root directory of a hard disk.  The Windows OpenSSL seems
to require C:\.rnd

Cheers,
David