[ntp:questions] Time server monitor by Meinberg - Vista

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 07:58:17 UTC 2007

Tony Rutkowski wrote:
> Hi Danny,
>
> The Meinberg NTP version works fine.  It's the *monitor 1.0* that
> seems unable to find the NTP install on Vista.  I think Dave's posts
> just addressed the NTP install.
> --tony

Correct - I haven't tried the monitor as yet.  Using the monitor (0.9n or
1.0) on XP it can talk to a remote Vista NTP server correctly.

On Vista, 1.0 cannot find the local ntp server, but can talk to remote
servers.  It can even get status from the local server (but not service
details) if you define the local server as an External server on the
Configuration page.  BTW: the first time I needed to edit the registry to
get the remote nodes in!

Cheers,
David