[ntp:questions] Can anyone interpret these loopstats?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 06:50:07 UTC 2007

Ryan Malayter wrote:
> On Nov 26, 4:04 pm, "David J Taylor"
[]
> Hmm... every Vista PC I've encountered has processor power management
> settings available, but they are horribly buried in the UI, as is the
> new custom in Vista.
>
> Go to Windows Menu->Control Panel->Power Options. Then click on
> "change plan details" for any plan. Then click on "Change Advanced
> Power Settings" hyperlink, and finally "change power settings that are
> currently unavailable" hyperlink to edit items that require
> administrative control. That will get you to a tree view of all power
> management settings available on the PC. There should be an entry
> called "Processor Power Management".
>
> Of course, we only have Vista on newer hardware. If you don't see
> those options, can I ask what sort of hardware are you using? Do you
> have power management disabled in your PC's BIOS?
>
> Regards,
> Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for your continuing interest.  I've gone through that, including
the "unavailable" settings, and there's no "Processor power management" in
the tree.  I'll try and remember to check the BIOS next time I need to
reboot, but I didn't set up this BIOS from scratch myself.  It's a fairly
recent motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ processor.

Cheers,
David