[ntp:questions] New Orphan Mode

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Oct 2 19:26:26 UTC 2007

Rob,

The orphan mode is described on the Automatic NTP Configuration Options
page in the latest documentation on the web. However, disregard the
comments that advise all machines in the subnet have the tos orphan 5
command. Only do this for your lowest stratum machines and be sure they
can talk to each other,say on a shared Ethernet. Othewise, if one of
them breaks, the others don't know about it.

Dave