[ntp:questions] Help -- Problem Syncing With time.nrc.ca

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Thu Oct 4 02:52:52 UTC 2007

Steve Kostecke wrote:

> Finally, it is not necessary to segregate the server and restrict lines.
> I find it easier to manage servers and restrictions when the restrict
> lines are listed below the matching server lines. Especially when a
> server hostname resolves to multiple IP addresses. In your case it would
> look like:
>
> server time.nrc.ca iburst
> restrict 132.246.168.148 nomodify noquery nopeer
> restrict 132.246.168.164 nomodify noquery nopeer

It's on my list of changes to implement changes to the way restrict
works so that you can use the FQDN instead of the IP address in the
restrict lines and have it be properly matched to the server/peer/pool
addresses. This will happen after I get the addresses returned from the
resolver into a data structure that can be queried.

Danny