[ntp:questions] Need Help Getting Stats to Work

Rob pse at nospam.com
Thu Oct 4 21:30:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:06:11 -0400, Rob wrote:

> Dennis wrote:
>
>> I believe you need a trailing forward slash in your statsdir path:
>> "/etc/ntp/stats/"
>
> I will give that a try.  Thanks.
>
> Rob

It works.  I added a trailing slash and removed the quotes.  And now I am
seeing stats appearing in /etc/ntp/stats/.

I see entries for all the stats except clockstats and sysstats.
I wasn't expecting to see any clockstats since I do not have an external
clock set up.  But I am baffled why I am not seeing any sysstats.

Rob
P.S.  I will probably move /etc/ntp/stats to somewhere in /var where it
probably better belongs according to the Linux File System Hierarchy.
(e.g. /var/ntp/stats)..