[ntp:questions] project ntp.br

Antonio M. Moreiras moreiras at nic.br
Mon Oct 8 14:05:13 UTC 2007

François Meyer escreveu:

 > For real time purposes (as NTP),  formally  this  is
 > UTC(ONRJ), TA(ONSP) and TA(ONBR)  (just  formal,  no
 > practical consequences if only NTP is concerned).

Could you indicate some sources (books, websites) where I could learn
more about that? We are writing some documentation in portuguese and I
would like to get all the formalities correctly handled.

> I cant see why you need a Rb clock here if UTC(ONRJ)
> (or a slightly degraded version in the case  of  the
> secondary observatories) is available locally.

There are issues regarding the ONRJ Internet connections. Because of
this, the primary and secondary ntp servers are in other site (althought
it is also in Rio de Janeiro).

> No remark on the structure below stratum 1, but from
> a metrological point of view,  in  my  opinion,  the
> complete structure could read like this :
>
>     UTC
>      |Circular T BIPM
>     UTC(ONRJ) ---------------> NTP st 1, id 0 ---> down to lower strata
>      |                              |
>      |                             peer
>      |                              |
>      |__________TA(ONSP) ---> NTP st 1, id 1---> down to lower strata
>      | GPS link                     |
>      |                             peer
>      |__________TA(ONBR) ---> NTP st 1, id 2 ---> down to lower strata
>        GPS link

Thanks for the suggestion! We are studying alternatives, including this
one, as we see that our proposed structure have big problems.

[]s
Antonio M. Moreiras.