[ntp:questions] More Aggressive Pruning

Marc Brett usenet at fordson.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 21:09:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 02:34:41 GMT, mayer at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:

>Evandro Menezes wrote:
>> This server, http://www.pool.ntp.org/scores/63.240.161.99, is often
>> off significantly and unreachable most of the time.  Yet, because it's
>> probably listed with a high bandwidth, it often makes to the top of
>> the pool (0.us.pool.ntp.org).  I wonder if it would make sense to make
>> the points deducted from the server proportional to the declared
>> bandwidth.
>
>You need to ask in the pool mailing list rather than here. We can't help
>you with your question here.
>
>Danny

By "here", what do you mean?  I'm reading this on the
comp.protocols.time.ntp Usenet newsgroup.  I expect a diverse audience
to be reading it, and some fresh ideas from someone who doesn't read the
pool mailing list might be welcome.  Why are you trying to shut down the
discussion before it's even started?