[ntp:questions] Problem with xntp after reinstall on openSUSE 10.3

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Mon Oct 15 17:24:57 UTC 2007

On 2007-10-15, Marc Muehlfeld <marc.muehlfeld at web.de> wrote:

> I run a xntp server on Suse 10.0 for the last 2 years. Last week I
> reinstalled the server using openSUSE 10.3.

Which means that you changed your kernel.

Your new kernel may require one or more of various command-line options
to allow ntpd to work with it.

Or you may need to re-compile your kernel with a lower HZ value.

Or you may need to recalibrate your tick.

One procedure for recalibrating your tick is documented at
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownHardwareIssues#Section_9.1.6.

This topic contains links to other methods of adjusting your tick.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>