[ntp:questions] More Granularity in the US in the NTP Pool

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Sep 16 03:38:09 UTC 2007

Danny,

The KoD has been in the distribution since the PTTI paper a couple of
years ago. However, I think it a self-unfilling prophecy; standards
conforming implementations can't set off the alarms but can respond to
them. standards unconforming implementations won't care. From my
experience which led to the PTTI paper, I'm very sure the latter will
proliferate. As the Netgear incident showed, the offense might not be
intended, but then if it wasn't intended it won't be defended.

Dave