[ntp:questions] Linux 11-minute mode (RTC update)

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Sun Apr 6 17:40:35 UTC 2008

 On Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 18:31:11 +0000, Unruh wrote:

> That is not the question under discussion. The question is [...]

"Beware: Who wanders your threads, will soon wander your clocks." ;-)

> whether or not the drift compensation in hwclock is worthwhile.
> I would say a bit, but much less than you might think.

I'm quite excited in front of a half full glass, and you come revealing
me it is half empty. That hurts, Bill... We'll see what results the OP
obtains: I promised him "some low ms" of offset at restart, before ntpd
takes control.

Serge.