[ntp:questions] Linux 11-minute mode (RTC update)

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Sat Apr 12 08:58:47 UTC 2008

 On Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 18:02:38 +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>> This holds the clock for up to a second
> I am not sure what you mean

Anyway I experimented a little: This doesn't seem to work as I hoped.
And it can even lock the clock, requiring a oscillator reset. :-(

The idea was about the RTC_SET flag (bit #7 of register B). It suspends
clock updates, without any effect on the oscillator nor PIE. I was
hoping it would delay next updates by as long as it was asserted. But
no: the next update is either skipped, or happens at the usual time.

Serge.