[ntp:questions] frequency adjusting only

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Apr 22 06:00:52 UTC 2008

>>> In article <dda529d0804210150t52d95886s5b8f977acd86b463 at mail.gmail.com>, m.louvel at gmail.com (maxime louvel) writes:

maxime> Thanks for your answer, I can't have a step on the clock because
maxime> that would screw up my applications.  However if I keep the load
maxime> within a certain range I should fine, don't I ?  I am synchronising
maxime> one node to several public NTP servers, and the others nodes are
maxime> synchronised to the first one.  There are 2 to 24 nodes in my sub
maxime> net.  Do you think that should be feasible ?

Please see:

 http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues

 http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownHardwareIssues

Aside from known problems with certain hardware and OS configurations, even
under high load you should not see any problem with stepping time.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!