[ntp:questions] frequency adjusting only

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:35:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:14 AM, David Woolley
<david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> maxime louvel wrote:
>
> > Unless if the GPS allow my server to be more stable and thus I can assume
> > get a better synchronisation...
>
> Firstly, I got two threads confused, so some of my comments weren't
> based on your situation.  In particular, the unsynchronised DCF system
> relates to the other thread.

No pb ;)

> A node synchronized to GPS *with PPS* will be much more stable than a
> system that is free-running or synchronised by other typical means.

Ok , thus I  should have a better accuracy  for the nodes synchronised to
this server than for the nodes synchronised to server itself synchronised
through internet to a stratum 2.
But that still doesn't solve the problem I encounter in my subnet, does it ?

If no, the only solution would be that each node gets a PPS signal via its
serial line ??

thanks