[ntp:questions] frequency adjusting only

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 07:09:30 UTC 2008

- 10 usec is of course not for NFS, but I am also using NFS (no other
choice) and that was just an example to tell that I need to keep my nodes
synchronised to real time, not just between them

- I have no idea if the applications can be fixed, as they are not mine and
I'm not in charge of them ;)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Hal Murray <
hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net> wrote:

> >I actually don't really understand why a GPS would improve my
> >synchronisation.
>
> If your master server has GPS, its time will be more stable.
> That means your clients can sync to a stable clock rather than
> trying to track a clock that is wobbling around.  (Things
> are simpler and work better when there is less noise in the system.)

OK thanks.