[ntp:questions] frequency adjusting only

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Mon Apr 28 03:32:12 UTC 2008

>Sorry it's actually difficult for me to precise this topic for
>confidentiality reason of course and also because I'm an intern and thus
>there for a short period. Hence I don't know exactly why myself. This is
>just one of the requirement of my project.

Keeping a handful of machines synchronized to within 10 microseconds
might be possible.  It won't be easy.  It's unlikely to be the cheapest
overall solution to some problem.

I suggest you tell your boss that he has given you a hard to impossible
problem.  You are not likely to get 10 uS by just poking a few magic
parameters into your ntp.conf.  Your target is not a reasonable intern
project.

[That's just my opinion.  I could be way off.]