[ntp:questions] old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntpserver?

Carl Lowenstein cdl at deeptow.ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 29 04:17:48 UTC 2008

In article <003101c85393$d6c7dee0$7b01a8c0 at Inspiron>,
Jason Rabel <jason at extremeoverclocking.com> wrote:

>>> Such a thing is more likely to have an NTP client that polls once per
>>> second! ;-)
>>
>>OpenWrt seems to have it.
>>
>>https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/ntpd/Makefile?rev=9784
>

>I have OpenWRT w/ntpd and several other services running on an old Dell
>TrueMobile 2300 router (similar to WRT54G hardware) and it runs great!
>
>Don't let that page scare you. You install software using the ipkg tool (it
>installs pre-compiled packages).

If I can ask a question at this late date.

How do you get the time data into the TrueMobile 2300?  It is not at all
obvious either from looking at the hardware (5 RJ45 jacks and an antenna)
or from looking at the software.

Never mind, sufficient Google search shows me that this device as a time
server synchronizes to another time server.  It is not a stand-alone
device connected to a GPS.  Too bad.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein          marine physical lab, u.c. san diego
                                            clowenstein at ucsd.edu