[ntp:questions] NTPD concurrent clients limit

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Aug 1 18:50:55 UTC 2008

David,

To put a fine point on it, the release procedures here have been
carefully designed to protect the integrity of the product, both
development and release. That's why I have insisted that these products
are released from U Delaware archives and not via third parties. If you
get it from here, the developers and release crew stand by it.
Notwithstanding this, there are many, many instances where third parties
have scooped up the product and modified/damaged it for their own pupose.

The release version does in fact lag sometimes far beyond the
development version, especailly over the past year that I have spent
full time cleaning weeds, updating documentation and refining some
algorithms, but the same development version will eventually become a
release version. There is no attempt to evolve the release version in
different ways other than to apply an emergency patch or two.

Dave