[ntp:questions] ntp server help

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Sat Aug 9 02:49:44 UTC 2008

On 2008-08-09, Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> mikel at irontec.com (Mikel Jimenez) writes:
>
>>I have 4 ip cameras and I configured with ntp server 10.219.229.1, a
>>Debian NTP Server. I am Having problems to synchronize cameras because
>>I need at least 0.01 seconds of offset and I am having more than this
>>value, as you can see in the graphic. Is very important that cameras
>>time be very accuracy . Please help, is for an important project I
>>query cameras with this script
>
> And you are using ntpdate why?

The OP is using ntpdate to query the cameras from some other system and
display the camera clock offsets.

The fact that the cameras can answer the ntpdate poll suggests that they
are running ntpd.

> Why not set up ntp on the system and use it to discipline your
> system's clock.

The OP has, apparently, configured the 4 IP cameras to poll an NTP
server at 10.219.229.1

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>