[ntp:questions] Windows built-in SNTP/NTP clients

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Wed Aug 13 07:55:26 UTC 2008

"David J Taylor"
<david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote in
message news:Nbvok.41764$E41.4596 at text.news.virginmedia.com...

> [...] I guess the "correct" approach there would be if all the
> clients responded to SNMP requests, rather than using a proprietary
> protocol. ...

It's stuck in my head that NTP has Assigned Numbers (MIBs? I'm
not up to speed on SNMP) already, and SNMP capability could be
added without too much trouble.

I'm tying to see the catch - would this be for monitoring purposes
only? There are many people who want to reconfigure on the fly; on
the other hand there are probably even more people who only want
to watch. And it might make sense for some high-end appliance
manufacturer to develop, even.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink