[ntp:questions] NTPD concurrent clients limit

Unruh unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 13 16:56:05 UTC 2008

"Phil" <phil at xxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:

>Danny,
100,000? What are you doing?

>what will happen I have 100,000 of the same script (different ip's) hitting
>the servers at the same or about same time. That's why I bought my own ntp
>servers. From what I thought I understood by hearing you guys banter about,

I'm glad you bought your own servers.

>the kod will come into play, or will it.

kod is on individual clients. Ie if a single client starts hitting too
often in a time period a KOD is sent out. It does not care if 1000000
others are hitting. Mind you if 100000 are hitting at about the same time,
the internal tables cannot keept track of that many clients, and I doubt a
KOD would ever be sent out.

I do hope you are not hitting with each client once per second or
something.