[ntp:questions] NTPD concurrent clients limit

Phil phil at xxxxxxxxx.xxx
Wed Aug 13 21:46:54 UTC 2008

Unruh, you ask:

"100,000? What are you doing?"
For now, just say time. At present, numbers not even good guesstimates.

"I'm glad you bought your own servers."
I thought I might piss a bunch off if I didn't, but I need it accurate, gps
based and dependable.

"kod is on individual clients"
Then I doubt anything to worry about, access per incident is restricted.

"I do hope you are not hitting with each client once per second or
something."
We estimate most bandwidth will be single hits and from different ip's. If
it should be repetitive, perhaps at "minute/s" interval and then limited as
to total requests and duration before script times out. All the numbers
still flexible, but everything will be optimized for least server loads and
minimum bandwidth.

Phil

news:FmEok.7312$nu6.2570 at edtnps83...