[ntp:questions] Windows built-in SNTP/NTP clients

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:27:49 UTC 2008

David J Taylor wrote:

> In addition to Ryan's information, you can run the "official" NTP on
> Windows NT, 2000, XP and Vista, although it is not the "built-in" NTP:
>
>   http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

I'm a big proponent of that package and have it on everything I maintain
(which is few, thankfully!) ... but this is a W2k3 server maintained by
another group (a MS-centric group) and I'd rather educate them gently
instead of just saying "here's a nickel kid, go buy yourself a *real* time
server" ...   Even if I think that's the best course of action!:-)

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu