[ntp:questions] Windows built-in SNTP/NTP clients

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Aug 14 17:13:42 UTC 2008

Davod.

Mea culpa; I didn't mean to blame you. If all you want is to watch
antother NTP server or client, just spark up a configuration and set the
noselect bit. The problem with SNMP clients is that they fail to deal
with the complete set of data types, specifically floating double.

We did a project sevral years ago by implementing an SNMP agent
integrated with a NTP mode-6 agent that worked very well. But, I was not
in a position to maintain it and there were no other volunteers. Harlan
has a project doing that now; he is invited to report progress.

Dave