[ntp:questions] Windows built-in SNTP/NTP clients

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Aug 15 18:37:48 UTC 2008

Ryan,

So far as I am concerned, the mode-6 C&M protocol remains as in rfc1305,
althougth not in the current NTPv4 draft. The WG intent is to publish
that in a separate draft.

There was never any intent to detail the various billboards and eye
candy in the specification, only the status words and read/write
commands. These depend on the particular implementation; in the
reference implementation these details are in the ntpq and decode
documentation pages. They are by design not in the specification, as
they change in minor ways as the algorithms evolve and new features are
added.

Dave