[ntp:questions] Very large offset and jitter values after reboot

Nicola Berndt nb at komeda-berlin.de
Sun Aug 24 16:12:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have now successfully set up my machine to use a usb-gpd-mouse to set
the time. Strangely every time I reboot I get results like this, wich
settle down after a (not so short) while:

jitter
 GPS_NMEA(0)     .GPS.            0 l    9   64   37    0.000  -580.75
3965.19

The problem is, that this takes rather long and the computer's job
actually is, to provide exact time outdoors right after booting..

I already tried what would happen if I did a 'hwclock --systohc' once
things are settled, but with no luck. My driftfile btw. says -35.666 -
looks good to me - and I am very worried about the huge jitter...

Any ideas for me, anyone?

Thx and regards,
../nico berndt