[ntp:questions] Linux NTP Kernel unsync flag remains long after NTP&Kernel have PPL sync

Dave Holland dh3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Aug 28 16:06:40 UTC 2008

>I guess an offset of 0.0000 is perfect ?

Yes.

>Now how do I tell the difference between an offset being reported as
>0.0000 due to no sync and an offset being reported as 0.0000 due to a
>perfect sync ?

Look at the output of that command while (say) NTP is starting up and
not yet synchronised:

assID=0 status=c011 sync_alarm, sync_unspec, 1 event, event_restart,
offset=0.000

compared to normal running:

assID=0 status=0644 leap_none, sync_ntp, 4 events, event_peer/strat_chg,
offset=0.148

Dave
--
** Dave Holland ** Systems Support -- Infrastructure Management **
** 01223 496923 ** The Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK **