[ntp:questions] Very large offset and jitter values after reboot

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Fri Aug 29 09:09:36 UTC 2008

Hello Nicola,

 On Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 16:12:51 +0000, Nicola Berndt wrote:

> I did a 'hwclock --systohc' once things are settled, but with no luck.

First verify that hwclock worked well, immediatly looking at the
adjtimex "system-cmos" offset value:

| # hwclock --systohc ; adjtimex --compare=1
|                                       --- current ---   -- suggested --
| cmos time     system-cmos  error_ppm   tick      freq    tick      freq
| 1220000702       0.000007

If the offset is not a sane few microseconds, then let's see if
hwclock --systohc --debug can reveal something.

Serge.