[ntp:questions] offset with ntpdate and ntpq ?

Stavros Milos root78 at gazeta.pl
Fri Aug 29 12:44:46 UTC 2008

Dnia 29-08-2008 o 00:55:09 David Woolley
<david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid> napisał(a):

> Why are so many questions turning on the meaning of "Offset", in NTP
> jargon, today?

Thanks for your answer. I am administrating large network (Intranet).
I need to control time of several internal NTP servers, each located in
different place/town.
I would like to "read" a time of each remote NTP server and compare it to
my local referential timeserver, just to examine if offset of each remote
NTP server is not too high. So, the purpose is not to synchronize time to
remote NTP servers, but to trace their time to keep a rule:

   "remopte NTP server time" - "my referential NTP server time"  <  0.5s

Regards
Stavros Milos