[ntp:questions] Garmin GPS 18LVC Setup but questions on best way

Rob van der Putten rob at sput.nl
Sun Dec 28 11:53:47 UTC 2008

Hi there

George R. Kasica wrote:

<Cut>

> If I switch to the following settings I can seem to get NEMA data but
> then I lose the PPS function which hurts the accuracy far more. Do you
> know if shm can somehow allow both with some type of setting - ideally
> that is what I'm trying to accomplish through the shm driver or
> something else without hacking the kernel, etc??

I used to use a two serial port setup; ttyS0 for PPS using SHM and ttyS1
for NMEA. This requires a gps0 -> ttyS1 symlink;
server 127.127.20.0
fudge  127.127.20.0 time1 0.172
server 127.127.28.0 minpoll 4 prefer
fudge  127.127.28.0 refid PPS

ttyS1 gets all the signals, ttyS0 just the PPS.

This worked better then GPSD, so I think I will return to this setup.

<Cut>

Regards,
Rob