[ntp:questions] strange behaviour of ntp peerstats entries.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Feb 2 05:37:41 UTC 2008

David,

I don't know what you mean by "figure head", but this is probably what
is intended. The statistics such as root delay, root dispersion and
related statistics are in fact inherited from the system peer, but the
actual clock offset is computed as a weighted average. See the draft
MT{v4 specification.

Dave