[ntp:questions] Configuration files missing after make all

delphi553 at hotmail.com delphi553 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:05:45 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I;ve downloaded the Development version 4.2.5p111 off NTP from
http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html I installed it with the foilowing
procedure:

./configure --prefix={path}
./make
./makeinstall

When I browse to the path where everything should be there are only 3
directories looking like this:

bash> ls
bin  lib  man

Now where are the config files? I expected them to be in this path
because if I read the makefile:

sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc

well my prefix is /home/joah/ntp, so the conf-files should be at /home/
joah/ntp/etc. but that directory does not exists! what have I done
wrong?

I also took a look at /etc, there are some ntp conf files, but those
are created months ago when I installed the machine, they are not
created by my installation.

anyone know how I get the conf files installed? What have I done wrong
here ?

thanks!