[ntp:questions] ntpdate.c unsafe buffer write

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Feb 11 18:01:21 UTC 2008

I've tried to keep quiet and bite my tongue at this whole ntp vs chrony
thing... But something has been nagging me in the back of my head that i
juat have to know the answer to...

How are you measuring your results? From what I've skimmed over you are
simply using each program's own generated statistics... Wouldn't a more
correct way be to use an external (and calibrated) device to measure /
compare to ensure the results are actually valid? Otherwise you are in
essence comparing apples to oranges...