[ntp:questions] Two time sources with offset => fails to synchronize

Thierry MARTIN thierry-martin at ifrance.com
Tue Feb 12 09:39:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am running ntp 4.2.0 on FC5.
Two time sources:
	- embedded GPS board(Meinberg board)
	- remote Radio clock synchronized ntp server (stratum 1)

It seems that the Radio clock has 50ms offset compared to the GPS
source, which leads a failure in synchronisation.

I am looking for some documentation that explain why it fails.
Which parameter(s) in the configuration triggers that behaviour?

I used the "prefer" keyword in the GPS configuration line, with the same
result. Is there a way to make it work better?

Thanks for you help
Thierry MARTIN