[ntp:questions] Geographical diversity of Stratum 1 servers

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Tue Feb 12 21:55:11 UTC 2008

Looking for a reference on geographical diversity of Stratum 1 servers (GPS
appliances, in this case).  We have two clocks now (an old Datum TymServ
with a Symetricom sticker) and another unknown brand.  We'd like to add a
third at a completely different facility a mile or more away.

What, other than the business continuity angle can I use?  I'm assuming it
would be better to have the clocks separated from a GPS perspective, too.

Cites?

Thanks!!

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY