[ntp:questions] no ntp synchronisation: 2s to 6s time shift !

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Fri Feb 15 08:56:11 UTC 2008

Thierry MARTIN wrote:

> I have been trying acpi_pm clocksource for a few days now and the
> results are quite good :-).
>
> The time drift is less than 1s per day (I would even say less that 500ms
> but this has to be confirmed) which is much better than the default
> config with tsc (>2s /day).

It's almost certain that the same hardware time source is used for both,
so discrepancies are likely to be attributable to software issues
(although those may include problems in calibrating the frequency of
various sources empirically, rather than by knowing how they derive from
the common source).