[ntp:questions] no ntp synchronisation: 2s to 6s time shift !

Thierry MARTIN thierry-martin at ifrance.com
Tue Feb 19 15:43:10 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Sorry for beeing too enthousiastic about my initial test...

I launched another test with clocksource=acpi_pm, on the same machine.
The results are bad now (> 500ms in a few hours).

FYI, the command I launched:
# rm /etc/adjtime;
# ntpdate ntp.cines.fr;
# hwclock --systohc;
# adjtimex -a

Then I watch:
# ntpdate -q ntp.cines.fr

Keeping a linux system with the correct time without any external
synchronisation really seems hard...

Best regards
Thierry.