[ntp:questions] time delta between clients

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Feb 19 22:42:38 UTC 2008

On 2008-02-19, Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:

> Before I did that I borrowed a hand-held GPS receiver (Magellan
> "Crossover" IIRC) from someone.  Admittedly it will not be a match for
> the GPS18, and may have a "weaker" receiver.  But given that _all_
> signal went poof when I entered the building, I suspect the GPS18,
> unless it is much more sensitive, would have lost all signal too :(

My GPS18LVC works through a standard US residential roof. But you
probably have lots of metal in the way. So ... YMWV

You can extend the serial cable between the GPS and the host system so
that you can place the receiver where it has a sky view. It may also
help to place the host system in a location close to the roof. If you
use a small system which can run off of POE that will simplify the
cabling a bit.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>