[ntp:questions] Issues with w32tm on AD network

Andrew Hodgson me3 at privacy.net
Thu Feb 21 23:42:11 UTC 2008

	Hi,

I have had issues keeping accurate time on W32tm using an Active
Directory based network with just Windows servers.  I have a Linux
workstation, and NTP on that workstation keeps loosing the time, and
going to Stratum 16.  Similarly, there are Cisco routers on the
network, which also do likewise.

I am using the NTP pool, but have done this for years on a Linux
system with no problems.

Should I think about switching to NTPD on Windows, and if I do this,
will it cause an issue with both this and W32tm running at the same
time?

Are there any GPS systems I could hook up to the Windows domain
controller, and configure W32tm to use this?

Thanks.
Andrew.hook