[ntp:questions] Getting precision when server side only offers seconds... Ideas?

Unruh unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca
Tue Feb 26 12:33:49 UTC 2008

sgb1010 at hotmail.com writes:

>Greetings,

>I didn't know exactly where I could post this, but hovering around I
>found this group
>which I think could perhaps throw some ideas into my problem.

>My issue is that I need to time sync two machines. My first idea was
>to use NTP,

Do you want to sync the two machines or do you want the two machines to
also have the "right" time? In the former case just use your most stable
machine as the server, and the ohter as the client and they wilol sync to
each other to Usec precision They may not have the right time but they have
the same time.
If you really wnat the right time as well, buy yourself a Garmin 18LVC wire
it up and you will have usec precision as well.
($70+1/2 hour time +a DB9 and USB connectors)