[ntp:questions] Authentication problem

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Feb 26 21:16:26 UTC 2008

Dennis,

The ntpdc program has not been actively maintained for some time. The
principal problem is that the ntpdc remote configuration commands are
incompatible with the pool and manycast schemes.

The ntpq program can now generate configuration file commands, but the
command set is incomplete. For instance, there is no demobilize command.
If ntpdc works, even if buggy, use it. It would be helpful if you could
wiggle the ntpq facilities and speak up about what you think it should
and should not do.

Dave