[ntp:questions] Issues with w32tm on AD network

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:06:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 26, 11:43 am, Evandro Menezes <evan... at mailinator.com> wrote:

> No, but the workstations use an RPC to UDP port 445 or 137, not 123.
> W32TIME only uses the UDP port 123 when it's configured to be an NTP
> client or server, both disabled in my post above.

This is not true. Windows time service uses UDP/123, just like every
other NTP or SNTP implmentation. All of Microsoft's documentation that
I have read (and I think I have read everything concerning w32time)
agrees on that point.

If you disable both client and server aspects of w32time, it does
nothting whatsoever, I would think.