[ntp:questions] Authentication problem

Dennis Hilberg, Jr. timekeeper at dennishilberg.com.invalid
Wed Feb 27 20:03:25 UTC 2008

Serge Bets wrote:
> This was the original design. However the patch in bug 401 messed-up
> this clear separation. Solution: remove this harmful patch. And keep bug
> 401 open, waiting for its own rethinked solution. Removing the patch
> will also automagically fix bug 1003, AFAICS.

It does. I removed the 401 patch code and replaced it with the original
code, and now addserver and unconfig both prompt for a keyid when one isn't
specified.

I created a unified diff patch and attached it to the bug report for those
interested. It works with ntp 4.2.4p4.

http://bugs.ntp.org/1003

--
Dennis Hilberg, Jr.     \  timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com
NTP Server Information:  \  http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.php